Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

04 December, 2012

The Christmas Card

Well here is the first cab off the rank for the Christmas cards. Last Wednesday I had the panel on my desk for colouring using Lyra watercolour crayons and Twinkling H2O's. I had the best day on Sunday painting, stamping, die-cutting and all the while "reading" a book, a talking book. I was completely engrossed with hands, heart and head.

I heat embossed the message inside fifty cards and it occured to me that when one can do that without any spatters or over-cooked EP, one has become quite good at it. I felt pleased.

The Michael Powell stamp is sufficiently detailed to allow simple matting and a couple of die-cuts.
You can probably pick up the spritz with Perfect Pearls as a finishing touch. As with all these things, the cards will evolve so I don't expect the first ten will be quite the same as the next, or the last ten. I'll be back again on Wednesday for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday with some more of the same since I'm really pressing to get these done and in the mail.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

6 comments:

Buttons said...

Oh Ros! Thanks for sharing this - I was dying to see how they came out. LOVE how you've coloured the image and that touch of sparkle is perfect. Good luck getting them all finished. Hugs, Buttons x

Di said...

This is gorgeous Ros - very impressed at your embossing prowess too - go girl!! Hugs, Di xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love this ! The sparkle is wonderful and so is that fun image, what a wonderful & creative Christmas creation ! Shirleyx

Redanne said...

I do love that stamp Ros and it seems so perfect for Christmas from down under. The sparkly spritz shows up beautifully. I love it. Hugs, Anne x

Shoshi said...

Ros, these have come out really well. It's a very unusual idea and the colorus are fabulous too. Love the anchor die-cut! The whole effect is really cool.

Thanks for your good wishes - I've been flat out on the recliner all day, finding it very hard to keep awake and feeling really rough, but tomorrow is another day (to quote Scarlett O'hara lol!) and hopefully I'll be up to facing my Tesco delivery and my home help's visit!

Glad you like the template. I've folded a mock-up but haven't made it up properly yet. Laura Denison's video is very good, and I am sure it will work fine with our UK sized envelopes. Alternatively, you can always make up the base part with cardstock, adding tabs for glueing it together. Let me know how you get on with it.

Shoshi

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Fabulous card! I totally know what you mean about them evolving. I can start a production line and then start "tweaking" minor details until eventually no two are identical. That's OK though. I belong to some yahoo groups but I just can't do swaps any more, as they usually involve twenty or more pages, all exactly the same! Might not have time for a WOYWW post today, will see how things go.